The Rotary Club of Wynberg is proud to present an exciting Last Night of the Proms alternative – Proms-lite on the Lawn – to be held at Groot Constantia Wine Estate on the 17th and 18th March, 2022! There will be one show each eveningstarting at 18:00 and running till approximately 19:30. The shows will be on the lawns (above the wine cellar), so promenaders can relax and enjoy the music in the late summer air.
Richard Cock – Mr Proms himself – will once again entertain us, and lead the music performed by The Proms Orchestra.
This year we are proud to present our soloist Amira Willighagen.
Amira was the winner of ‘Holland’s got Talent’ in 2013 after discovering a passion for operatic music. Her winning performance can be seen here.
Groot Constantia wines and other beverages and snack baskets from Simon’s Restaurant will be on sale. You may also enjoy dinner at Simon’s before or after the show. Click here to book your snack basket or meal.
Special 1: Simon’s will give a 10% discount on the food portion of your bill on the evening of the show if you present your Proms ticket.
Special 2: A confirmed restaurant booking will ensure preferential parking near the restaurant.
Book on Webtickets for the show: Tickets cost R300 per person.
Book for your dinner at Simon’s
Please follow us on Facebook to keep up-to-date with any information.
.. and to ensure a stress free evening with good music, a meal and some wine, we recommend that Promenaders use Uber or similar ride-sharing scheme. [Drop-off near the cellars behind Simon’s restaurant]
Ts & Cs (naturally)
- All necessary Covid protocols such as adequate social distancing will be observed.
- Food and Refreshments will be on sale on the evening and Promenaders are advised that it is NOT permitted to bring their own food and drinks to the event.
- All funds raised by the Wynberg Rotary Club are used for Community Projects run by the Club and are not retained by the Club. Accordingly, should the event be cancelled through circumstances out of the Club’s control (e.g., implementation of stricter Covid regulations or bad weather), the ticketholder agrees that the ticket price is not refundable and will be regarded as a donation to Charity.
- This is an outdoor event on the lawns of Groot Constantia and all mobility-impaired Promenaders should take note that there is a short walk up a slope from the parking to the event.
- In order not to obstruct the view of others, Promenaders are requested not to bring along deck-chairs though ground-chairs are acceptable.